Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Beautiful Return


AlhamdulilLah! Siti Esah Bte Surip, at the age of 84, had attained her peace (returned to RahmatulLah) on the blessed Monday (just like almarhum grandpa), 16 Muharram 1441H (16 September 2019), after Duha.

I am relieved to have spent quality time in service to her during her last days to bear witness to signs of her final departure and learnt much from it. Allahu Akbar! I reflected on Habib's advice - that when Allah swt is pleased with His servant, He will protect him/her from harm, facilitate his/her return to Him in a pure state, with a good ending (husnul khatimah). So true, subhana-Allah!

Her passing reinforced yet again that death is not something to be sad about as the heartbroken returns to The Beloved. For the Mu'min, it is a moment anticipated for the longest time. And I am constantly reminded of her many legacies (she would have wanted that) - her relentless devotion to her husband (I am convinced that before his passing, grandpa would have been pleased with her and so enter grandma through any door of Jannah that pleases her), her concern, love and care for her children and grandchildren, her istiqomah in Tahajjud and love for Quran recital (just like grandpa), her strictness in preserving purity (Thaharah), her hospitality to her neighbours, friends, students, her generosity in charity (for madrasah/mosque building, religious education of the young, etc.) - too many to mention here. 

Nyai, thank you for being a beautiful role model to me. I am missing you already. As I kissed you for the last time, I am convinced that you are amongst those Allah swt mentioned in QS al-Fajr verse 27-30: "O thou human being that hast attained to inner peace! Return thou unto thy Sustainer, well-pleased [and] pleasing [Him]: enter then, together with My [other true] servants yea, enter thou My paradise". You'll be a constant in my supplications and in my heart ❤

No comments: